Heather Russell will assume new duties as Chief Legal Officer and Executive Vice President at TransUnion.
Heather appears well-qualified for the position. According to the news release from Global Newswire (linked above) Heather Russell’s experience as a legal executive extends back more than 20 years. Heather will report to President and CEO Jim Peck. She will also serve on the board of TransUnion.
In the release, Peck indicated that he believed Heather’s skills and expertise were well-suited to TransUnion.
Heather Russell expressed excitement at the opportunity to bring her experience in financial services to TransUnion and its team. She described TransUnion as a company that enabled both businesses and their customers: providing businesses with the information to make better decisions, and helping customers obtain the good and services they need.
Prior to that, Heather Russell was at:
- Buckley Sander, LLP, working in the regulation of financial services division fintech
- the regulation of financial services division
- Fifth Third Bank as, Executive Vice President Chief Legal Officer Corporate Secretary
- Executive Vice President
- Chief Legal Officer
- Corporate Secretary
- Bank of New York Mellon as, Managing Director Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Managing Director
- Head of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs
- Bank of America as, Senior Vice President Associate General Council
- Senior Vice President
- Associate General Council
- Skadden, Arps in Washingon, DC and London for 8 years in financial services corporate finances mergers and acquisitions
- financial services
- corporate finances
- mergers and acquisitions
As noted on her LinkedIn account, Heather Russell earned her JD (cum laude) from American University’s Washington College of Law. She earned a BA from the College of William and Mary.
Content taken from: https://www.bu.edu/law/profile/heather-russell/